Search, choose, and book your train tickets, buses, ferries, and airport transfers easily
Good transportation can make or break a vacation. No one wants to be stranded. When traveling abroad, figuring out ticket machines, timetables, and local transportation is not always easy. At the very least, we recommend booking your transportation before leaving home. That way, you have a ticket in your hand (or on your smartphone) ready for your journey.
Pre-booked transportation is an excellent alternative to hopping in a waiting taxi. Most of the time, local transportation will save you a lot of money compared to taxis. We have many years of experience traveling around Europe and planning how best to get from A to B. We always seek value-for-money options that get us there quickly and conveniently.
Looking for a flexible private transer service? Check out our recommended provider for cruise port to city, city to airport or maybe an airport to cruise port including sightseeing by clicking here.
Start your search for transportation options the best way we know how – by having all available options presented after one search on a price comparison site. Using one of our favorite providers, Omio, you can search for the best service that fits your travel plans. On Omio’s user-friendly website, you can book and receive your tickets and store them all in one place. How convenient.
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Here’s how it works.
Click to search, choose, and book your train tickets, buses, ferries, and airport transfer easily.
Omio, our preferred transportation provider:
- They present many transportation options offered by over 1000 well-known transport providers we like and trust.
- The information is all on an “easy-to-read and compare” results page with a map showing your journey.
- An app is available for information at your fingertips, wherever you are.
- Choose the type of ticket you want (for example, refundable or changeable), and you can pay in your local currency.
- You can create an account and immediately access all your bookings in one place.
- There are better alternatives for flexible private transfer services
Are you looking for a flexible private transfer service?
Whereas Omio excels in booking most types of local and public transportation, they are less suitable when you need a transfer to fit your particular trip. You may, for example, be looking for a
- private transfer from one cruise port to another cruise port for a back-to-back cruise
- private transfer from your airport hotel to the cruise port, including a sightseeing tour of the area
- private transfer that can accommodate the size and specific needs of your group
- private transfer from the cruise port to the city or an airport
In these situations, we have found Viator to offer an excellent range of services to fit the individual needs of the traveler.
Here are a couple of tips I would like to highlight when booking a private transfer service:
- It can take time to disembark your cruise ship. When you have arranged your pick-up time for your transfer, be sure to talk to guest services on board before the end of the cruise to ensure you get a suitable disembarkation time.
- Always ask for a direct telephone number for your chauffeur in case you cannot find them at the port. We have found that many drivers prefer to keep in contact using WhatsApp.
- Don’t forget to check with your cell phone provider before you leave home for the best international phone plan while traveling to keep any internet/phone charges to a minimum.