When embarking on a cruise adventure, your journey begins when you step foot in Miami. This vibrant city, known for its energy, stunning beaches, and melting pot of cultures, is a gateway to some of the most sought-after cruise experiences. As cruise travellers, we always look for the best hotels near Miami Cruise Port with shuttle buses.
Transportation is the last thing we want to worry about when we start our cruise vacation, and it is ideal if we can plan everything before leaving home.
Hotels near Miami Cruise Port – both old and new
I feel right at home in Miami as soon as I exit the airport terminal and am hit with a wall of tropical heat. I’m back.
Miami was home to me for a few years back in the early days of my career, and having family still in Florida, I am familiar with many of the old and new hotels in Miami.
Choosing the right hotel near the Miami Cruise Port is a must when joining a cruise. Transport options in the city are good and have become even better in recent years, so it’s always easy to visit downtown Miami, Miami Beach, Coconut Grove, or further afield to Hollywood or Fort Lauderdale.
Staying near the cruise port means I will never have to stress on embarkation day.
In this guide, I aim to give you accommodation options that offer great stays and shuttle services to the cruise port ready for your cruise from Miami, whether they are paid, or free.
Are there hotels near Miami Cruise Port with shuttle buses to the cruise ship?
Your hotel stay can set the tone for the entire vacation. Picture this: You arrive in Miami, greeted by the warm sun and the ocean breeze. But there’s more to the equation for a perfect pre-cruise experience.
Imagine having your accommodations just a stone’s throw away from the Miami Cruise Port, complemented by a seamless shuttle service that whisks you away to your ship when you’re ready.
And there are a few of Miami’s hotels that do this really well. However, there are no downtown hotels that offer the shuttle ride free of charge. All come with a cost, which is not that much per person, but if you are a small group, you may want to split the cost of a taxi instead.
Let’s dive into a collection of hotels that combine comfort, luxury, and the convenience of shuttle services.
A glance at the top hotels near Miami Cruise Port with shuttle services
InterContinental Miami, an IHG hotel
If you want to start your vacation on the right note, let me introduce you to InterContinental Miami. This gem, belonging to the IHG family, is like a great prelude to your cruise adventure.
The luxurious rooms offer stunning views of the city skyline and Biscayne Bay. And the best part? It’s a mere 10-minute drive from the cruise port, so you’ll practically be waving at your ship from your balcony!
Their top-notch service and excellent dining options will make you feel pampered and ready to start your Caribbean cruise.
Get ready to discover a great hotel in the heart of Miami – the Eurostars Langford. This boutique hotel combines modern comfort with a touch of historic charm. Who wouldn’t want to stay in a restored 1925 Beaux-arts building?
The Eurostars Langford is all about making your cruise experience seamless. Just a 15-minute ride from the cruise port, you’ll have ample time to indulge in the cosy elegance of your room and explore the vibrant downtown scene. After all, a perfect night’s sleep and some city exploring are the ultimate pre-cruise rituals!
CitizenM Miami World Center
If you’re the type who craves innovative style and modern vibes, look no further than the CitizenM Miami World Center. This place is like a tech-savvy haven for trendsetters. Check out the super cool lobby that’s also an art gallery, not to mention the ultra-comfy rooms.
And here’s the cherry on top: It’s just a quick 12-minute jaunt to the cruise port. So, whether you’re seeking the perfect Instagram backdrop (check out the pool terrace) or a cosy nook to unwind, CitizenM has you covered – a fabulous way to start your cruise journey!
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
This hotel’s prime location on the edge of Biscayne Bay provides breathtaking views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Whether relaxing in your room or enjoying a meal at one of the on-site restaurants, you’ll be treated to great views that set the tone for your entire cruise experience.
The hotel is completely renovated, so the rooms are fresh and bright. We like the Catch Grill & Bar, which serves up a great array of seafood. The hotel also features a Starbucks for those needing a quick caffeine fix.
Exploring free shuttle services
Your adventure begins as soon as you step off the plane. If you have traveled a long way to get to Miami and arrive tired or jet-lagged, a hotel close to the airport is a good option.
Free shuttle services allow you to bid farewell to transportation worries and focus on the exciting voyage ahead.
As Miami Cruise Port is only 15 minutes by taxi from Miami Airport, these airport hotels with shuttle transportation are worth looking at for your first night in the city. You can always transfer to another hotel closer to the cruise port after your first night, or if you only have one night at a hotel before your cruise, head straight to the cruise terminal after breakfast.
- Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami – Airport West
- Sonesta Miami Airport
- Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
- Homewood Suites Miami-Airport, Blue Lagoon
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott by Miami Airport
Our favorite of these? It would have to be Homewood Suites Miami Airport, Blue Lagoon. On our last visit, we traveled as a family and had a spacious, fresh suite perfect for our needs. The kitchen area meant we always saved on eating out, and there was an excellent outdoor pool area.
Also, breakfast was included in our rate, so that was a bonus. The choice of breakfast at the buffet was great; it was an excellent start to the day for the whole family. We arranged a shuttle transfer from the airport to the hotel before we arrived free of charge. Just email the hotel after you have booked.
Homewood Suites Miami Airport is part of the Hilton group. If you are a Hilton Honors member, make sure your booking is registered with your membership number to earn points and get a few freebies when you check in, such as bottled water for your room.
Seamlessly reaching the Miami cruise terminal
The morning of embarkation should be filled with anticipation, not logistical concerns. You must enquire directly with the hotel if they offer the cruise port shuttle, as services can change anytime. There will often be a per-person charge for this shuttle. If you prefer to share a taxi, the cruise port is very close and will not take more than 10 to 15 minutes to reach.
Always give your driver the cruise line’s name and the terminal address, which you can find on your cruise ticket. Miami Cruise Port is one of many cruise ports in Florida, and amongst the largest in the world, and you need to ensure you get dropped off at the right terminal.
Exploring nearby attractions
Miami is a treasure trove of experiences waiting to happen. From vibrant neighborhoods to cultural landmarks, the city has it all.
I love Coconut Grove, so when I visit Miami without going on a cruise, I choose a hotel in this neighborhood and visit my favorite art galleries and vintage boutiques. And if I’m lucky, there will be an outdoor art fair with local artists showcasing their paintings.
Some of the most popular places of interest around MIami include:
- South Beach: Known for its iconic pastel-colored Art Deco architecture, South Beach is a vibrant and lively destination. Enjoy sunbathing on its pristine sandy beaches, stroll along Ocean Drive, and soak in the electric atmosphere of this famous area.
- Art Deco Historic District: Take a walking tour of this district to admire the well-preserved Art Deco buildings. It’s a fascinating glimpse into Miami’s architectural history.
- Little Havana: Immerse yourself in Cuban culture in Little Havana. Explore Calle Ocho, where you can savor Cuban cuisine, watch live music, and experience lively street life.
- Wynwood Walls: Art enthusiasts will appreciate Wynwood Walls, an outdoor museum featuring colorful murals and street art by local and international artists. It’s a unique and ever-evolving art experience.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: This historic Italian Renaissance-style villa is surrounded by lush gardens and offers a glimpse into Miami’s Gilded Age. The architecture and scenery are breathtaking.
- Everglades National Park: For a nature escape, head to the Everglades. Take an airboat tour to see alligators and other wildlife in their natural habitat. Either rent a car for the day or arrange transportation with or without a guide.
- Bayside Marketplace: This waterfront shopping and entertainment complex is great for shopping, dining, and enjoying live music. You can also hop on a boat tour from here to see Miami from the water.
- Miami Seaquarium: Perfect for families, the Miami Seaquarium showcases marine life, including dolphins, sea lions, and colorful fish.
- Jungle Island: This interactive zoological park lets you get up close and personal with exotic animals, making it a fun and educational experience for all ages.
- Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM): PAMM has a diverse international art collection in a stunning waterfront location for contemporary art enthusiasts.
- Coral Gables: Explore the Mediterranean-style architecture, lush greenery, and upscale shopping and dining in Coral Gables, often called “The City Beautiful.”
- Venetian Pool: A historic pool built in 1923, the Venetian Pool is a unique place to swim, surrounded by waterfalls, caves, and coral rock grottoes.
If you prefer to explore with a local guide,click to find out the tours available with our chosen excursion partner ToursByLocals.
City transportation to help you get around Miami and the surrounding areas
You will often need transportation beyond port-related transfers, enabling you to explore the city’s offerings easily. That is where the Miami Trolley comes in. And to reach places further afield, such as Fort Lauderdale, the Brightline high-speed train service is easy to use and priced just right.
The Miami Trolley
Miami Trolley is a convenient and free way to travel around Miami.
Visit their website for specific routes and schedules to determine if this environmentally friendly transport option takes you to where you want to go!
Brightline – Miami’s high-speed rail service
Brightline allows visitors to maximize their time in the city, exploring its vibrant neighborhoods, iconic attractions, and world-famous beaches before embarking on their cruise adventure.
It’s a seamless and eco-friendly choice for cruise passengers seeking to visit further afield, to Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, and West Palm Beach. The service even takes you all the way to Orlando if you want to visit the theme parks before or after your cruise.
Find out more about tickets and timetables on their website.
5 factors to consider when selecting your pre-cruise hotel
Your choice can significantly impact your overall cruise vacation, so consider factors such as location, transportation options, amenities, and pricing to ensure a seamless and enjoyable start to your journey.
- Proximity to the Cruise Port: Choose a hotel that is conveniently located near the cruise port to minimize travel time and potential transportation hassles.
- Transportation Options: Consider the availability of transportation options such as shuttles, taxis, or public transit to and from the cruise terminal and other attractions.
- Amenities and Services: Look for hotels offering complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi to enhance your pre-cruise stay.
- Price and Budget: Set a budget for your hotel stay and explore options that align with your financial plan to ensure a cost-effective experience.
- Attractions and Activities: Research nearby attractions, dining options, and entertainment venues to maximise your pre-cruise time in the destination.
Which cruise lines offer cruises from the Port of Miami
A cruise from Miami is the perfect way to visit the islands of the Caribbean. As a popular year-round destination, many major cruise lines, small luxury ships, and ultra-luxury cruise ships offer spectacular cruises with enviable itineraries to suit you and your family.
Large ship family cruise lines
1. Carnival Cruise Line: Known for its fun-filled, family-oriented atmosphere, Carnival offers an array of itineraries from Port of Miami. Whether you dream of exploring the Caribbean Bahamas or venturing further afield, Carnival has something to suit every family.
2. Royal Caribbean International: This cruise line is synonymous with innovation and adventure. Royal Caribbean’s ships departing from Miami are like floating playgrounds for all ages. From thrilling water slides to Broadway-style shows, they have it all.
3. Norwegian Cruise Line: If flexibility is your priority, Norwegian Cruise Line is a fantastic choice. With freestyle cruising, you can dine where and when you want, and their Miami departures can take you to Eastern and Western Caribbean destinations.
4. MSC Cruises: MSC offers a touch of Mediterranean elegance, even in the heart of the Caribbean. This Italian cruise attracts international cruise guests from all over the world and often offers fantastic value-for-money cruises.
5. Disney Cruise Line: For families with little ones, Disney Cruise Line offers the magic of Disney at sea. Departing from Port of Miami, you can embark on unforgettable journeys to tropical paradises while enjoying Disney’s legendary entertainment and service.
6. Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity Cruises offers premium voyages from Miami if you’re looking for a more upscale experience. Enjoy exceptional dining, luxurious accommodations, and unique itineraries to the Caribbean and beyond.
Luxury and ultra-luxury cruise from Miami Cruise Port
For those seeking a more intimate cruise experience from the Port of Miami, there are options among luxury cruises and ultra-luxury cruise lines. These smaller luxury and ultra-luxury cruise lines cater to travelers seeking luxury comfort, service, and sophistication. While their ships may be smaller in size, the experiences they offer are grand in every sense.